Monday, April 14, 2008

Minnesota Baseball - Football

I know it should not bug me,,,, but it does. I hate that Jim is not a Minnesota sports fan. He is OK with the Twins as long as they don't play the Tigers, but tonight it was a slug fest in Detroit between the Twins and Tigers. When the Twins were leading, he was a sour puss!! Then Detroit ended up winning and he started to say things that just bugged me!! I didn't say anything but "I am glad you are happy". I am not upset that the Twins lost. Heck they haven't been chosen to do much of anything this year with their young players and trading away all there mature fantastic talent, so there is no need to gloat when the team that was picked to win the World Series and has won only 2 , well 3 games now, to me, anyway, a Twins fan in MINNESTOA. Football season is even worse. He plain out and out doesn't like the Vikings so we rarely watch football together. I sure do miss Gil. I miss him alot, but when it comes to watching sports I feel like I am all alone unless one of my kids are here. I really have no one to celebrate with me now. I know it is strange that a woman is so passionate about sports, but hey,,, it is who I am!!!!!

I know this is stupid, but when Jim shows those emotions against the Minnesota teams I really just want to run away. I wonder to myself "How can I be married to this man?" I should have had a clue when we went to pre-marital counseling and the sports thing came up in our counseling. That should have been a red flad that it was going to be an issue.

Well all I can hope for is for Minnesota teams to whip Michigan teams!!! There has to be some justice!!!

OK,,, getting off my soap box

Sandi

2 Comments:

At 8:06 AM , Blogger Pat said...

Oh my, all I can say is that I really don't understand the fuss over sports, Yup..I am not into it but as I shout at the TV during my reality shows..."It's a game folks...a game!!" sums up my view pretty much.

I guess us non-sports people can't understand the passion and money sport-lovers will expend for their favorite sport.

But I will gladly sit it out on the sidelines and watch y"all fight it out. lol.

 
At 3:23 PM , Blogger Tonja said...

Mom:

Well, if the people in Wisconsin would ever show Minnesota games or even talk about how they did...GRRR! Maybe someday I will have cable or a dish and I can join in with you across the miles. I understand how you feel, can't explain the passion, it is just there. I love you, and sorry you are feeling frusterated...
Tonja

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home