Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Some more baring the soul

This past weekend we spent with my daughter and family in Wisconsin. I just plain don't get to see them enough. With the cost of gas, one thinks twice before just getting in the car and barreling to WI. However, with Jim's car we make it there on 1/2 a tank of gas, so maybe that isn't the real reason. Maybe it is we live too busy lives. Too many irons in the fire, and then there is the big "W" word that gulps up such a huge chunk of time. Anyway, today is my grandson Luke's 5th birthday. I will post a picture of him later today. He is such a handsome young man and alllll boy. But he is so polite and has that heart of gold, and who can resist a grandson that comes and hugs you and says he loves you and asks if I would stay there with them. Awwww... Luke the Duke - I love you and I miss you and I hope you have a wonderful year ahead of you.

Work has been very slow. Seriously the work I do in a week, could all be done in one day if I put my mind to it. I wish I could stay home half time, but I get paid full time and they want me here "just in case". My bosses are the best and I want to be here when they need me, even if it is just to ask me how much money we have in the bank accounts.

My sister Phyllis has a lump in her throat that has to be removed. She had a biopsy on Monday and Friday she will find out the results and they are going to remove the lump no matter what. So, if you read this, please say a prayer for her that it wont be cancerous.

My heart goes out to the people in the San Diago area of California. I pray that God will stop the winds and they can get those fires under control. They say that is the only thing that will stop the fires. Some of Kim's (my daughter in law) family evacuated their home yesterday. I guess the wind changed today and so they are going to go back and see if it is safe to go back home. How unhealthy for the lungs with all that smoke. We had strong winds here yesterday. I can only imagine how fast fire would spread in a tinder box area with winds like that.

I am so unenthused today. I went on line and read about depression. Of the 10 symptoms they listed I had 8. I am not thinking about killing myself and this hasn't gone one for weeks and months. So I am thinking I am just having a bad day and hey,, the sun is even shining and still I am down. Sometimes I think I get to feeling this way because I paint myself into a corner and feel like I have no way out. I hate when I do that and in some ways, I am feeling that way lately.

Well I have put into words some of my thoughts. Maybe it will help my mood.

Blessings to all who read!!
Sandi

1 Comments:

At 9:48 PM , Blogger Tonja said...

Love you, Love you, Love you.

Tonja

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home