Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Rambling

There are things rattling around in my brain, so I am going to just put them down. Maybe some of this should be in a private journal. But then I don't think too many people bother to check in on what I ramble on about.

Weather: Sunday Humid and temps in the upper 80s. Monday: Cloudy, rainy and temps in the 50's. That sounds very absurd, and it is, but for Minnesota it isn't all that crazy. The Midwest of the USA has some of the widest weather swings. And even tho when it happens we are all in awe of it, but if you look at weather history, you find that it happens often.

3 Years and 3 Couch and chairs: Jim teases me that I need to join the couch of the year club. Me changing furniture that often is insane, as anyone who knows me will attest too. The first one I bought, I bought for the color. I never did like the style (loose pillows for the back). So the next year I ordered a very expensive couch and chair with the tight back style. I liked it. BUT, 1 year later, the fabric on the chair is fraying and the cushions on the couch are all squished. I am so thankful that I purchased the warranty, as it enabled me to return it for store credit for the full amount. So yesterday they delivered a love seat and chair. I realize that all these years that I have lived in that house, that my living room is much more suited for a love seat then a couch. Especially now, since I want to get another recliner. Jim and I both love the recliner but we have only one. Now Jim lets me sit in it most of the time, but I want one for both of us, so I think this new set is going to be the one. At least I hope so.

Books on CD: I am one happy girl that they came up with that idea. I am not a reader, but I do have a long commute to work, and I have listened to some very good books on the way to work these last 7 years. An author who is fantastic for suspense and action is David Baldacchi. If you read none of his other books, you must read "The Winner". It will have your hair standing on end and kept at rapt attention. The book I am listening to now is called "The Gazebo". It is one of those books that you "live". I don't want it to end, but I will finish it on my way home tonight. Another series that I love are the "Mittford Series" written by Jan Karon. I urge you to read them if you have not. Very good.

Aging: I don't want to age, but unless I do, I will die. But with age comes wisdom which is a very good thing. Now I am a firm believer in God and trust that he knows what he is doing. But sometimes I think wisdom is wasted on old age. Somehow it would be nice if we were born with all this wisdom that living gives us. I look at my teenage granddaughters and I think how much they would benefit from the wisdom that I have learned growing older. And no matter how much I or their parents tell them, they think we are just "old fashioned" when what we are telling them comes from a heart of love and experience which has given us wisdom. Oh my granddaughters are very good girls. But do you know of a teen that would not benefit from the wisdom parents or grandparents have?

Well I guess that is about all that I have rattling around in my brain right now.

Blessing to all who enter and read and double blessings to those who let me know they have been here.

Hugs
Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home