Thursday, September 27, 2007

Cars - A blessing and a plague!!!!

Ya know, if I didn't have to go back to cooking with a wood stove, not having air conditioning and having to go to the bathroom outside, I would wish for "The Good Old, (and I mean OLD) Days" back again.

I just brought my car in for its 60,000 miles maintenance. I spent $1077 and didn't have everything done that they told me was "needed" and there was nothing wrong with my car!!! I have driven old beater cars that haven't cost me that much to fix!!! But, those manufacturers kinda have you over a barrel. If you don't do ALL the maintenance that they require, then if something goes wrong with your car they will say, "Sorry, you didn't have this and that done and it nullify's your warranty". Just makes one sick. They called me and told me that I had a tail light out. I actually had one out a couple of weeks ago and bought the bulbs (2 for $1.50) and put it in myself. Do you know what they wanted to charge me for that? $19 Now is that highway robbery or what? It took me all of 10 min and I didn't know what I was doing? They do it all the time and they want $19? So sickening. Anyway, if we lived 100 years ago, we could have a horse and feed it and water it and give it shelter. They didn't have vets back then so don't know what they did with a sick animal, I guess shoot it and get another. I am sure it would be much cheaper, even if compared to today's prices.

I was given a new 2008 to drive and I have to tell you it didn't handle any better then my 4 year old car. The only difference is that I think in the new ones you sit a bit higher. My car is paid off so I think to sit a couple of inches higher, I wont put out the money and I will drive my 2004. I am hoping to get another 60,000 miles out of it and it will last me until retirement, when I will get my retirement car!!

OK,, well I am done venting about cars. My next gripe will probably be the cost of tree trimming as I am getting a couple of estimates to have that done around my house.

Aren't you glad you entered and read???

Blessings to all who read and double to those who let me know they have been here. Evidently I don't get too many readers... Oh well, I get it off my chest.

Sandi

2 Comments:

At 7:33 AM , Blogger Pat said...

(Raising hand) ME HERE!
I too did that whole shebang a few years ago and hope my car lasts another 4 years. I just had an alternator put in but I was lucky and found a good mechanic shop and it was only a bit over $300. this was the first time I didn't take it to the dealer. I figure since it has no warranty, I might as well save a few bucks. I got this car in 1993 so it has served me well. I would like a new car but don't drive enough to warrant one. My car is just turning 60,000 miles maybe this year. Can you tell I hate to drive?

 
At 7:48 PM , Blogger Tonja said...

Oh mom...I too wish we could go back to the good old days...most of the time. I know things were harder, but life was much simpler. Life is way too fast paced for me. I keep trying to slow down, but it does not work.
(sighing)...I love you.

Tonja

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home