Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Venting

This is a blog about a couple of thing that have gotten under my skin. So if you don't want to hear some steam being blown off,,, don't read.

First: Communication between the pharmacy and the doctors office. On 10/9 I brought a prescription in to be refilled. The prescription had expired, but I have taken this medication for 15 years or maybe more. Well I went in on the 11th an they said they had not heard, so they re-faxed for permission. I called on Monday the 15th and they had not heard back, they re-faxed the request. I called Tue morning,, Nope they had not heard. So I called my doctors nurse and left a message regarding I had been without the medication since Sunday night. No response, so I called the doctors office again yesterday afternoon,,, still no response. I went to the pharmacist as she told me she would give me a 3 day supply (as I needed them). I was hoping that they would have called, but NOPE.. So I went right across the highway to my doctors office and filled out a form and complaint. When I got to work this morning, I had a call from my doctors nurse (from 5:30 last night) saying sorry and some lame excuse there just were so many refill requests. Come on!!!!!! It drives me nuts.

Cell Phones: I hate that we have become a society that depends on cell phones. Now I know that neither my daughter or any of her family own one. They must be one of the few families in the US that doesn't. Well somehow, after my hubby used my cell phone on Friday night it did not get back into my purse and tada... it was lost. So I went to get a new one last night. The cheapest one they had was $80. But of course if I extended my contract 2 years I could get it for free, and I figure what the heck, I have had them for 6 years already, I might as well keep it. BUT,,, now I have a new phone and I try like the dickens to understand all those gadgets and widgets on it, and I am technology challenged. I just want a phone that rings and I can answer and one I can make a call on,, but nooooooo they don't make such things anymore!!!!

Tenants Who Don't Pay Their Rent: When I took this job I told them that if bill collecting was part of it, I really wasn't interested. They assured me all I would have to do is send out some notices and make a few phone calls. Well now it seems I have become the bill collector. That IS the part of my job that I do NOT like. When you call these tenants, they want to make you feel like it is YOUR fault that they don't have much business. Even if it is something wrong with the center they are barking up the wrong tree talking to me. I have no authority when it comes to making any decision over them. I try to tell them that but they just rant and rant. I get to retire in a few years. I will be glad to give up bill collecting!!! It is NOT what I do.

Well I am done venting for the day. Sorry folks..

Blessings
Sandi

2 Comments:

At 5:29 PM , Blogger Pat said...

AWWWW...sometimes we just HAVE to vent or we will blow up.

Darn shame we have to have bill collectors in the first place. I will never understand people that shun what they owe or can't be honest about why they can't pay. People who weasel out of their debts are lower than snakes in my book. And then to turn around and blame the collector...what gall!!!

I have not had the trouble you did with prescriptions. I have been lucky in that they are called in before I even leave the office. Again...people simple not doing their job or doing it poorly. Smacks of lack of organization and lack of management doing their job.

On cell phones...well...I forget mine half the time and the other half actually don't to want to be bothered answering when I am out. I do like that it has voice mail so at least if it is important..the person can leave a message. It is nice to have in an emergency which is why I am trying harder to take it with me even if I don't answer it..LOL.

stepping down off my own soapbox.... Pat

 
At 10:05 PM , Blogger Tonja said...

((((((Mommy)))))))

I love you.

Tonja

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home