Sunday, February 12, 2012

I hate this restless feeling

I don't know if it is spring fever or what, but man do I feel restless.  Which is nuts because part of me wants to go to bed and cover my head and sleep for about 6 weeks.  When I look out this morning the sun is shining so bright and not a cloud in the sky.  It makes me want to go outside and take in the fresh air.  But I opened the door and whoa,,, shut it quick.  I then checked the temperature and it is only 7 degrees.  Maybe it is all that nice sunshine that makes it look like spring especially since we have NO snow.  Mother Nature is playing all kinds of tricks on us, or is she warning us of something?

I really don't like when I get these feelings.  I don't know if I should come or go.  Talk or be quite, shop or stay home, work or sleep, be kind or be grumpy (well I know which one I SHOULD be) but those feelings come over me.  Sometimes I wonder if this is normal or if I am totally loosing it.

This morning I opted not to go to church.  Not normal for me.  I made the excuse that my son and the family were coming for a 1 o'clock dinner and I needed to stay home to cook it.  Well they have come for 1 o'clock dinners on Sunday before and I have gone to church.  True today I am am making cheesy potatoes, that get prepared from start to finish pretty much at the last minute.  but I could have chosen something else.  I don't know what is with me.  Whatever it is, I hope it passes soon. 

3 Comments:

At 5:24 PM , Blogger Pat said...

I feel the same lately. I think our bodies are confused by the warm weather. Or maybe it is just the winter blahs and too long without sun.

You are not alone. Many I know are feeling like this.

Hang in there..summer is gonna come one day.

 
At 3:25 AM , Anonymous Hoe said...

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. I think you are fulfilling Jesus's words.

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger EmmaleeJune said...

There are lots of things to feel restless about right now, I'm sure you're thinking of warmer weather, family coming to visit (and to live!), retirement....ect. I think feeling restless is totally normal when you have TONS to look forward to, and you're in the in between stage. Just remember that everyday is a gift! Even if it is a 7 degree gift! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home