Monday, May 16, 2011

Is there a murderer in the house??

Paranoia was racing wildly at our house last night.  Oh not for Jim, he was sound asleep.  You see we went out for a couple of hours last night.  When we came home, the TV was on, but no sound.  I thought that very strange as I was the one who turned off the TV and it was off.  Anyway I thought "oh well, I must not have been thorough".  Then it was time for bed, and I went to check the doors and the patio door was unlocked and the screen door was not in the closed position.  I mentioned this to Jim and he said, "well maybe someone was in the house and left quick when the garage door went up but nothing is misplaced or missing".  Well I didn't like the sound of that but went on line to do an email.  Then it was time for bed and I checked all the doors again.  This time I noticed that the front door had just the dead bolt locked and not the other one.  This too was very strange to me,,, so, my imagination kicked into high gear.  I was sure someone was in the basement, just waiting for us to go to bed and come upstairs and kill us.  We do not have a lock on the basement door, so I stuck a couple of butter knives in the door jam.  Yes, I actually did that and I took a knife to bed with me to lay by my night stand.  I figured if they broke the door jam to get upstairs, I would hear it and wake up and I would be prepared to stab them (think I have been watching too much Human Target?  Which by the way they canceled this year.. I am so sad).   So anyway, I went to bed and tired to fall asleep with one eye open.  It doesn't work.  I woke several times during the night.  Must have been something that rousted me.  But thank God, both Jim and I were still alive this morning and the knives are still in the door jam leading to the basement. 

So that is the saga for Sandi and the murderer in the basement!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home