Monday, April 11, 2011

Trip to The Myers

This past Friday Jim and I left here at 2 to travel to Tonja's in WI.  We went for a long weekend.  We got there around 6:30 or so, and had some dinner and visited with them and hugged on the kids.  Sat morning Luke had a soccer game at 9.  The following are some pictures I took at the game.  Here I caught coming towards me in this pictures.

 They all have to take turns playing different positions and Luke was not too impressed playing goalie.  He said it was sooo boring.  But we reminded him that him not having much to do was a sign his team was doing good.  It didn't help too much the bored feeling, I guess.
 This is a shot of the troop watching the game.  Emma, Tonja, Maurissa and Jim standing with his cup of coffee.  Abbe was off playing somewhere.  It was chilly out there that morning.
 And this is the end of the "great game" hand thingy.
 At noon, Luke had a flag football game.  So after the soccer game we went and got a bite to eat and then off to the football game.  Here are a couple of shots from there.  This one with the team
 And this one a close up of my Honey Boy.
 Sat afternoon I took Emma, Abbe and Luke to see HOP.  Jim and I had taken Joe and Faith and so I figured I would take them too.  They enjoyed it, and it wasn't too bad to sit through a 2nd showing of it.  It is kinda funny.

Sat night we played a game called Settlement (I think) it was a fun kind of strategy game, and of course Tonja won!!.  Sunday morning we went to church and after church came home and had some lunch.  After lunch Jim and I tossed the football around with Luke and Abbe for about an hour.  It was VERY VERY warm on Sunday and I had not packed summer clothes.. UGH    I have to tell you I am the saddest excuse for someone trying to throw a football.  Come on Sandi, it cant be that hard.  I am telling you the truth, I could only heft that thing about 20 feet or so, and here is Luke my 8 year old grandson, chucking that ball 20 yards or more.  I was totally embarrassed!!!  After that Jim and I played Settlement again with Luke and Abbe.  When that was done, it was time for us to get ready to go to Madison.  We went to have dinner at the restaurant where Maurissa works.  It is a very upscale restaurant and if Maurissa would not have gotten a 50% discount, we would not have eaten there.  All the food was so yummy.  Their trademark is to serve 3 dipping sauces with each entree'.  All soooo good. 

Here is a picture of Emmalee and Mauarissa before we left for Madison.

 
After dinner, we attended on the UofWI campus, a comedy Improv show that Maurissa is part of.  Let me tell you it was VERY good.  We laughed so hard and if I must say so, Maurissa was the brightest star of the troop.  She is a very funny gal!!!

After that we headed home, leaving Emma to spend the night with Maurissa.  By the time we got home both Luke and Abbe were sound asleep in the back seat, so they went in got their jammies on and went right to bed,  Gpa Jim did the same thing.  I sat and visited with Tonja for a bit then I hit the sack too. 

Tonja called the school this morning and told them that the kids would be late for school, as their grandparents were there and we wanted to spend a bit more time with them.  We fixed them breakfast and Abbe said, this is just like being at your house, only we are in WI.  So sweet.

A funny mystery.  We had gotten a dozen doughnuts on Sat and there were 3 left this morning.  Jim saw them, I saw them and Abbe saw them.  Abbe went to take a shower and when I got in the kitchen there were only 2 doughnuts left.  Both the kids and Jim and I had not taken one.  But Abbe said she had left the cover open on the box, so we are assuming that one of the dogs decided to have a doughnut for breakfast.  I hope they didn't have an upset tummy today!!!

About 10 we were packed and ready to go, so we brought the kids to school.  Here they are standing out in front of their school.
Always hard to say good bye to them.  We hadn't seen them since Christmas.  But they will be here in less then 4 weeks.  We hope, with the price of gas going up and up and up... who knows.  I hope they can come

So that was our weekend in WI.

1 Comments:

At 4:20 AM , Blogger Pat said...

Sounds like you had busy fun filled wonderful weekend. The kids are growing up so fast. All great looking too. It is wonderful to see long distance families make time for each other.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home