Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Biggest Flop Ever

I consider myself a seasoned cook/baker.  BUT  tonight I decided I wanted to make a different kind of cupcake.  So I found this one called Orange/Applesauce cupcakes.  I got all the ingredients in, double, triple checked I had followed instructions.  The batter looked right so I put the batter in the paper cupcake liners and in the oven it went.  

AND

This is what came out.  I have NEVER in my life had a flop like this.  The taste is OK but the consistency is bad and well just a total flop.  Does anyone have any idea as to why this might have happened?  Can this be caused by overfilling?

So  - - - - this is posted to give you all a good laugh... I am not going to give up baking.  Just not going to try these again!!


PS..  It didn't just flow over the cupcake liners,,, it in now on the bottom of my oven!!! 

1 Comments:

At 7:20 AM , Anonymous mary said...

my professional opinion would be not enough flour or too much leavining (sp). they SOUND great! when I first started reading I thought hmmm, sounds like something new to make!!
ps. i love your blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home