Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Just plain cold

You know, I live in Minnesota and I should be used to just about any kind of weather Mother Nature can throw at us.  (Well I would not like to have a tsunami or an earthquake, that would really shake my world), but this year I am really growing weary of snow and cold.  I don't know if it is because it has been a really long winter already or if it is because I am getting older and this cold, snow and dark really are getting to me.  I can tell you every day that the days get a bit longer I am happy.  I have February 26th as a milestone to look forward to as it was on that day we took Eric home from the hospital and when we got home it was a few minutes after 6 and the sun was just setting.  I am looking forward to being able to come home from work, eat dinner and still have a bit of sun left.  I feel like I have become a lump of lard this winter with so little energy to do things. 

Our bosses took us to lunch today.  It was interesting talking to them about retirement.  They are sure it would be best for me to wait until I am 66 to retire.   I have my heart set on January of next year.  I hope we can make it work.

I am working on the tax packages to send to the CPA so he can do the taxes on them.  I am missing Carol as I do them, as there are some things she did that I don't really understand, but I am doing my best and the CPA will question me if it looks wrong to him.

Well I guess I have gone on long enough.. Just doing a bit of venting.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 AM , Blogger Tonja said...

I love you mom. : )

 
At 1:13 PM , Blogger Pat said...

Since I live in Michigan...I expect to never know what the weather will be day to day..or even year to year. But as each year goes by...each winter seems longer and longer. Part of aging I guess..not liking the cold.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home