Saturday, October 16, 2010

Another Picture Perfect Day in MN

It has been beautiful here today.  In the upper 60's and sunshine.  But I have been so lazy.  I did pay some bills and do the breakfast dishes after hubby made me a wonderful breakfast of bacon and eggs and toast. Then went out and started to cut down some of the garden foliage.  One almost feels like you should just let it be and I have left a lot of it, but it is the middle of October and in MN we can expect any kind of weather.  We could have snow next weekend.  So I cut down the peonies and some of the hostas.  Jim came and helped me and it sure went faster.  Then we came in and watched Gopher football.  Good bye Brewster.  I don't always think it is the coach but who else are they going to get rid of in collage??

 I read a little bit.  Anyone who knows me, knows I am not a reader.  Now I listen to books on CD on my commute every day.  It makes the commute go faster and I think it has taken my desire to watch TV as much.  Which is good, right?  Anyway, I have started reading Lauraine Snelling books.  Oh my, they are like reading about my relatives.  Most of the books take place at the turn of the century in North Dakota and Minnesota.  So much of it, like names and customs,  just take me back to my childhood.

I get these daily deals called Groupon.  They come in my email daily  Well a while back I purchased one for Grandma Ruby's Sweet Shop.  For $10 I get $25 worth of fudge or whatever in her shop.  Well I thought today was the day I would redeem it.  Well we got there and it was closed.  I will have to call and find out their hours.  

On the way home, we decided to bring the bags of garden waste to the recycle place.  Wow, it was a big line up waiting to get in to the place.  But we finally got there.  I don't like to have those bags stand around, they get nasty after a few days. 

When we got home, I changed the bedding on our bed and did some more laundry and now I put half a chicken in the oven to bake for dinner. I was looking out at the deck and my white petunia is absolutely so happy to still be living, I had to take a picture of it.





Then I had to go and take a picture of the little tree that Eric planted a little earlier this year.  He found it growing in a big pot beside the deck, so he planted it.  It is near a huge ash tree.  And with the ash bore moving west at an unstoppable pace it seems, we don't know if we will have it long.  We hope and pray it will be spared.  But this little tree is not planted far from it.  It looks like it is a hard maple.  I hope so.


Well that's it from Sandiville

2 Comments:

At 7:10 PM , Blogger Tonja said...

I always love visiting Sandiville! One of my very most favorite places in all the world. : ) Sounds like a pretty lovely day. I have not done much but order a few Christmas presents. Oh and a little of this and a little of that, but nothing substantial. Oh well. I know it will all wait for me. Chores are so thoughtful that way!

Love you!
Tonja

 
At 5:03 PM , Blogger Pat said...

That is what you call "resting"? Pretty busy lady.

We are lucky in that we have curbsid recycling
We have 4 trucks that come by. One for recycle bin with newspapers, cardboard and bottles and cans. Another truck picks up lawn and garden stuff in cans or bags marked with an X and yet another for the regular trash including big stuff like furniture and a lastly which is over for this year....a chew shredder truck for small branches but it will be replaced by a leave sucker truck. Yup..comes by with a huge vacuum hose and sucks up leaves you rake to the curb.

Your flower is stilll sooo pretty.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home