Sunday, October 10, 2010

Some Painting, Playing and Partying

Here she is my beautiful daughter in law, Kim who is so fantastically talented and did my birthday present painting.  She was finishing up the outlining of the word Vikings.   She said she didn't like this picture of her, and I have to admit that it is not the best picture of her, now if she were behind the camera, the picture would be great, as besides being a great atrist, she is a great photographer as well,  but she cant be in both places at the same time. 


It was a perfect day for raking leaves in Minnesota.  And the big ash tree in our back yard has totally shed all of its leaves.  So the kids went out and raked a big pile of leaves together and did the" jump in the pile thing".  They wanted me to take "action" shots of them and believe it or not, I actually got them.  (Patting self on back).  This first gal is a friend of Faith's.  She came along to help her celebrate Faith's birthday with us.  Her name is Jessica.





Then came my show boater Josiah.  Looks like he is looking for deep water.  But with all those leaves they land safely and with a big smile on their faces.

Then it was time for the birthday girl to launch herself.  Looks like she is flying and coming in for a landing.

Next came the "Lets cover ourselves" shot
And then the "Lets pretend we are sleeping: shot

When the playing was done it was time for the partying.  So in they came and we had birthday pie.  Yes indeed.  In our family I try to make whatever the birthday person would like for their birthday meal and cake.  Well Faith who turned 11, chose meatballs with mashed potatoes and gravy for the meal and for the cake she wanted an Oreo pie.  Well, Grandpa was the baker on this one.  Off to Bakers Square he went and got an Oreo pie and he picked up a triple berry too.  Soooo lots of goodies were had.

Then to the opening of presents.  Here she is showing an MP3 player with video that Mamma and Gpa got her for her birthday. 

All in all it was a VERY fun day!!
Happy Birthday Faith

3 Comments:

At 5:41 AM , Blogger Pat said...

What a fun post! I love the garage door. It is coming out fantastic.

GREAT action shots. I always love pics of people "doing" stuff rather than posed ones. Much more fun to see.

Wow..11 already. time is going by SOOOO fast with those gbabes.

I love you sharing this stuff.

I guess I will have to get back to my own blog and do more huh?I sorta have been ignoring it.

hugs, Pat

 
At 2:59 AM , Blogger Loomis said...

Go VIKINGS!
They are my team all the way out here in New York. Hopefully they can pull things together after this 1-3 run we've had so far. Its early yet we will pull it together!

Please let me know what you think of my blog, maybe we can share social network links!
My Self Improvement Blog

 
At 4:31 PM , Blogger Sandi said...

Loved the Napoleon Hill quote. It is so true and something I do struggle with. I need to keep on keeping on. Thanks...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home