Monday, September 29, 2008

Who Is Man?

That was the topic our lesson was on last night at the Truth Project. And where does evil come from. What I learned was that man was/is created in the image of God and because of the fall (disobeying God) we were separated from God which leads to hell. The only way back is to have a Saviour or a Redemption. Which God provided through His son Jesus.

Evil comes from man. Because of the fall, man is born with an evil nature. So many people today will try to tell us that we are all basically good. But come on folks,,, look around you. Don't you see evil being done on every front? And if you ask some people they will say,, well it is because of someone else or something else. But what is something else, if it doesn't boil down to other people.

The fact is that we ARE born with a free choice, and we can choose to do good or evil. We can never be good enough to face God in our fallen state, so we need a Saviour to be the intermediate for us.

Some people will say,, well how can there be a God when there is so much evil in the world. Why dosent he stop it? The answer to that is He created us with free wills. Could he have created us without a free will? I am sure he could have. But consider this. If you wanted a dog as a pet. Would you want a stuffed poseable dog or one that will at times drive you nuts but at the same time totally adore you? Does that make sense to you? God didn't want to create a bunch of "stuffed" people. He wanted people who are alive and can decide if they want to love and honor him or be brats. The fact that he loves us even if that love is returned to him or not can be realized in parents loving the child that isn't always the obedient one or respectful one.

Well that is my take on last nights lesson. A good one I think. And to add to that yesterday morning we had a sermon via DVD from a man that loves science and showed us through science how truly GREAT is God. It was truly humbling.

Well that's it for today.

Blessings to all that let me know they were here.

Sandi

3 Comments:

At 3:22 PM , Blogger Pat said...

I was here even though I don't agree with your "take" on good and evil.

But Like politics...I will refrain from that discussion at this time.

Mooki

 
At 10:50 PM , Blogger Tonja said...

Mom:

It is so good to learn more about how great and awesome God is, isn't it? And as some of our questions are answered, many times more questions are asked, but God is faithful to those who seek him. I am so grateful I have a mommy who loves God, and for the GOOD influence you are on me and my kids. I love you.

Tonja

 
At 12:23 AM , Blogger Pat Latta said...

Girl friend,I think that was very forth coming. It is true, we choose,it is up to us where we want to spend Eternity. I know where I will be. Let's pray for all people to meet the Lord, to love Him, and Obey His word. Love, your true friend, Pat L.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home