Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Just putting down thoughts

This past weekend was really one that I did hardly a thing. Sat morning, I did get the refrigerator all cleaned out and washed, and Sunday afternoon I helped Jim mow the lawn and Monday I baked some banana bars, but that was ALL that I did outside of the normal stuff of living. But Saturday afternoon Jim and I went to Civic Fest. It was held at the Minneapolis convention center. It was awesome. It had so much information about the presidents of our country and it had replicas of Air Force One, and the Oval Office, and the limousines of FDR and Ronald Regan, it had a huge replica of the White House and both wings, and decorated in the style it is decorated in today. There were speakers that spoke on different topics and well it was just a great display of Americanism. After that Jim took me to dinner at a Greek restaurant called Christos. I had a chicken dish that was sooooo good. When we got home, I turned on the TV and caught the rebroadcast of the Saddleback Church interviews with Obama and McCain. If I ever had any doubt who I was going to vote for they were all washed away. Obama is a very charismatic person, but the man finds it impossible to give a straight answer. Because of McCains age, I had some doubts about him, but after hearing his answers which were straight forward and yes and no, I had a fresh outlook on him and he is the man that will gain my vote. And to top that off, he picked a woman who is fresh and not the "Old Washington" people to be his running mate. It will be hard for the Democrats to say it is same old, same old with that pick. Then Monday I was proud of the RNC for postponing the opening Who Ha when the gulf states were being threatened by a hurricane. WHICH,,, I am totally convinced it was God's hand that lessened that hurricane to a 2 instead of increasing to a 4 which was predicted by ALL the weather people. Today I have been reading some reports about it, and most reports have people scratching their heads saying,,, What? What happened,,, it came ashore all discombobulated. Praise be to God!!!!

Sunday I felt fine in the morning and we went to church and in the afternoon I started to get a belly ache. By evening it was a full fledged upset tummy. So I was feeling pretty under the weather. But I woke up feeling pretty good on Monday morning, and after my shower, made the bars and then putzed around the kitchen before getting ready to go to lunch with some friends.

So,,, all in all, I guess I celebrated Labor Day as it is intended to be. A day to give laborers some time off just to kick back and relax,,, and that I did.

Tonight I go to get my tooth filled, and I hope and pray we don't have a disaster like last time I tried!! Then home to watch some of the RNC and not sure what else.

Hugs and blessings to all
Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home