Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Last Day Of Summer

It is an absolutely beautiful day here in Minnesota. It is the last day of summer and it feels like summer out there. It got into the low 80s and I know tonight it will be in the upper 50's to lower 60's. Perfect sleeping weather.

Today I am feeling lonely. Its because I wont have an email from my sister Judy for over a week. She went out to Washington with my niece to see my oldest sister, Viv. She will turn 80 in December and they are having an early surprise birthday party for her this weekend. Her other 2 daughters are also going there to surprise her. Fun fun!! I so want to be there. But,,, when you work full time and have so little vacation (I get only 3 weeks, but I am going to negotiate for another week this coming year) the vacation gets burned up quickly. Especially when you have children and grandchildren that you want to take time off now and again to be with and part of their activities.

The reason for no email is because Viv has not entered into the computer age. She thinks she is too old. But I know if she got one and got used to it, she would love it. It is an amazing tool.

Well that's about all that is on my mind. I am waiting for the mattress cover for our bed to get dry so I can get the bed all made. It will be great going to bed in there tonight. I washed ALL of the bedding and hung the pillows out to air out. mmmmmmm it will smell sweet to fall into bed tonight

Toodles.

Blessings to all who enter and read and double blessings to those that let me know they were here.

Sandi

1 Comments:

At 4:05 PM , Blogger Pat said...

I am letting you know I was here ...I need all the blessing I can get. HEHEHE. I too stripped my bed and changed it all but alas..the washer stopped working and now I have to take the rest of didn't get washed to the laundromat until Gary finds time to look into the washer. At least I can dry them on the line at home or use the dryer..that still works.

We have enjoyed over 15 repair free years with the set so I can't complain.

Toodles from your Twinsy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home