Sunday, July 06, 2008

When I get old I am not going to - - - - - - -

Some of the things we say when we are young, are said because we have not had the experience to say otherwise.

When I was in my 20's and 30's I would sometimes get upset with my Mom when she would say "Oh I wish I could go back to this age or that age". I used to think to myself, "Mom, be happy where you are and what you are living and enjoying today". I can see now where that is sometimes VERY hard to do. I do try to live for today, and enjoy this moment, but with age and experience, comes what we used to know. It is hard not to pine for those days.

Yesterday we spent the day with the Moteberg family. I knew it was bound to bring up all kinds of memories and longings, and I found myself last night and this morning thinking "I wish I could go back to - - - -". And during one of those wishful moments, I was reminded in my spirit of those thoughts towards my Mom about she should be happy with the here and now. Most of the time I am, but I understand now that one cant help but long for a time when things seemed simpler and easier. When it seemed you had a little more control of what was happening in your world (family).

I know that I need to daily give my family to God and entrust them to His loving guiding hand and care. I KNOW that HE is able to do that much better then I can, yet,,,,, what can I say, I want the best for them, and sometimes to this ladie's eyes, it seems that it isn't happening the way I want it too. God help me!!

So Mom,,,, I am sorry!!! I now understand

Hugs
Sandi

2 Comments:

At 12:21 AM , Blogger Pat Latta said...

Hi Sandi, I know exactly what you mean. I wish I could go back, have Gene, and he could see what a wonderful son Danny turned out to be. PTL. I have left my kids in the Lords hands, he knows what is best for them, His ways our the greatest. All we have to do His trust, He understands our heartaches. I love you dear friend. Love, Pat L

 
At 11:11 AM , Blogger Tonja said...

Mom:

What did I do to deserve such a wonderful mom? I don't know, but I'm glad I did it. I love you. And I love reading your posts. I always feel so loved.

Love,
"Punkin"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home