Wednesday, September 19, 2007

JUST BLOGGING

It is Wednesday today!! The middle of a work week. I was watching a quiz show on TV and one of the questions asked was "What percent of Americans live for the weekend". I was surprised that only about 25% of the people polled said that is what they did. I have to admit that I have become one of those 25%. There was a time that I actually looked forward to getting up and going to work. Oh its not that I don't like my job. I do. I have one of the best jobs and the best boss in the world. But in aging and seeing how little things are starting to "go wrong" with the old bod, I long for the time when I don't have to spend such a huge amount of my time at work and more time doing the things I love best, ie traveling and visiting family and friends and entertaining more.

This past weekend (and I will post some pics soon), we were off to North Dakota, land of clean air and wide open spaces. World, until you have experienced a North Dakota sunset, you haven't seen a sunset!!! It felt so good to be back in the knick of the woods where I was reared. I don't have any desire to go back and live there, but I sure as heck wish I had more time to go and spend there. 1 1/2 days just wasn't enough. That said, while we were there we had such a good time starting with surprising my oldest sister and her daughter by bringing with us to ND her youngest daughter from Texas. The looks on their faces when she walked in was fantastic. I should have had my camera ready!!! Then Sat morning my sister Judy and I had a surprise birthday brunch for my oldest niece (who is only one year younger then me). There were about 16 of us there and we had such a great time. The brunch was at 10 and people really didn't start to leave until about 3 in the afternoon. Great great time. My sister Judy is a gem.... When God made her he broke the mold and there is only one of a kind of her. I love you Judy and I thank God you are my sister!!!

Food - - Oh there was such an abundance of such great tasting food. My sister Phyllis is by far the best bread baker I know of. Everyone should be so blessed to be able to eat one of her caramel rolls or orange rolls. They are simply the best!! EVER!!!!

With all that good food and in my case, way too much of it, I came back home with a gut ache. Finally today I am feeling back to my old self. I wish I was still in the years of the cast iron tummy where you could put anything in it in just about any amounts and there were no consequences for it (other then fat piling on). But that doesn't happen any more. Dang it!!! I'm learning to eat in a whole new way, but feeling better.

Well that's about all that is on my heart today. Just felt like putting some of these thoughts down in words.

Blessings to all who read and double blessings to those that let me know they have been here (^_^)

Sandi

1 Comments:

At 8:34 PM , Blogger Tonja said...

A double blessing? That's just what I need today! Thanks for letting me know what is on your mind. I love you.

Tonja

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home