Thursday, March 08, 2007

ALPHA and Wisconsin

Alpha is a course that our church is offering. In fact it is a course that our church recommends we take before we become members, which Jim and I are in the process of doing. Anyway, the first class was last night. It was great. I was raised in a christian home, and it never entered my mind to doubt that Jesus is real and that He is in fact God incarnate. Over the years I have of course met people who knew little or anything about Jesus and some of them out right poo-pooed Jesus saying that I was weak minded and needed a crutch. (I do remember there was a time in my life after I left home that I tried to buy into that, but that proved wrong)

In this first class the speaker so clearly laid out the FACT that Jesus DID exist. Even our history books confirm that. But the Bible is the only book that tells us who he really was. Jesus in his 30 some years on earth fulfilled over 300 prophecies about himself. As the speaker told us true, some man could have decided to fulfill some of them, but there are too many about his birth and where and his death and where he would be laid for that to happen. He also talked about the proof of Christs resurrection. It was just sooooooo good. I am so glad that we are taking this course. I have always felt even tho I have been in the church for many years that I was not properly armed to share the good news of Jesus. I am praying this will help me.

That being said, I am soooooo looking forward to going to WI to see my daughter and her family this weekend. I am looking forward to seeing Miss and Em perform. They are talented young ladies.

That's it for now

Blessings
Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home