Saturday, August 13, 2011

Later Friday

After the VBS program we came home, had lunch and rested a bit and then it was off to the YMCA.  They all got in the water except me, I was the observer.  After a while I got to hot sitting in that hot humid atmosphere so I went out to the a/c part and sat down.  A gentleman came down from having worked out and sat down in a chair there and took his workout shoes off and we struck up a conversation about vacations, and grand children.  We talked for quite a while.  Then he was paged for a phone call.  I could hear his half of the conversation and realized it was his wife.  I heard him tell her he was about to leave but had been talking to a lady.  She must have asked him what we were talking about because he said, "Oh family and stuff"  He then said that he had just been leaving (and he was he had just gotten up to go) so he hung up and said "I think she is a little jealous".  I had to laugh.
Anyway, here are some pics from the swim
The pool group



 After supper Grandpa built a fire in the fire pit and the kids roasted mini-marshmallows.  That is all I had and I had just gotten back from the store, so was not going to make another trip.  So we put them on wooden shish kabob skewers and I had one other metal skewer  It was strange and odd but they had a good time.

The end of the evening did not exactly end there.  The lawn sprinklers came on and they begged to run through them.  So I gave them 10 minutes of that.  Then it was jammie time and a little of karaoke TV and bedtime.  

2 Comments:

At 5:14 PM , Blogger Pat said...

Never a happier bunch of kids making memories.

Are you sure you gonna last one more week?

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger Sandi said...

You bet!!! Love them all!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home