Thursday, June 23, 2011

Grandma's Cry Too

I think I have heard said, and even said it my self that being a grandparent is the greatest.  And in general that is a true statement.  I hope if my older granddaughters read this they don't get all funky and get mad or worse yet just blow me off as being an old lady.

Now I spent many a hours crying and being on my knees praying for my daughter when she was a teen.  A little rebel she was.  It is different when you have grown grandkids.  You love them to bits and you pray for them but you sit on the outside and have so very little influence in their lives.  One minute you want to hug them and lavish them with anything they want and the next minute you want to shake the living daylights out of them and tell them to "Ask me".  Now that is something that a grandma, at least this grandma, rarely hears.  It hurts when I see them doing things that are destructive.  They don't see it.  They think that they are all grown up and they have all the answers.  The fact is they don't.  Yes times have changed, but their parents and we as grandparents have walked that road before, and have made similar mistakes and would so much like to help them avoid them.  There are a few that do heed parents/grandparents advice but there are so very many more that choose to believe that they have all the answers.

Yes Grandma's do cry.  And sometimes all the comfort in the world that people offer
just cant stop that ache in your heart for your grandkids, and you just have to cry until it is all out.

2 Comments:

At 6:37 AM , Blogger Tonja said...

I'm sorry, mommy.

 
At 7:02 AM , Blogger Pat said...

This proves the point that we CAN lead a horse to water but we CAN'T make them drink. Meaning that we can raise them with all the right wisdom and they still have to make their own mistakes. We don't have to like it and I agree..it is hard to watch them make the same mistakes we did.

Oh..to be half as smart as I thought I was when I was a teen. I would now be a super genius!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home