Saturday, June 04, 2011

A Mish-Mash post


Last Sunday Eric and the family were out.  I took this picture of my boy with his boys.  I thought it cute and wanted to share it!!  Which one of his boys do you think looks more like him?
 I posted another shot of these peonies on Facebook.  But I liked this shot so thought I would share it here.  (Like there are so many readers here (^_^))  The peonies on the south side of the house always bloom early as they like that warmth coming off the house both in the soil and the air.

AND today, I made yet another rhubarb strawberry pie.  Last year I must have made at least 4 of them that were failures.  This one looks good coming out of the oven, don't you think?  Well in a bit we are going to try it and I will let you know if it was a success or another failure.  This is Jim's favorite pie and I so want to be able to make a good one for him.  I am a good cook and baker, I don't know what my problem is lately.  you wouldn't know it by reading this blog huh?

4 Comments:

At 10:22 PM , Blogger Sandi said...

Had the pie,, it was good.

 
At 10:33 PM , Blogger Tonja said...

I had no doubt it would be. Maybe you'll want to bake another when I am home? : )

I think both Joe and Dewey look like Eric in some ways. We have pics of Eric when he was young that look like both of them. It would be fun to scan them and then put a picture of they boys next to him.

 
At 7:02 PM , Blogger Pat said...

I agree with Tonja,,,both boys have some features of Eric. Kids change so much as they grow. The pie looks sooo good. Nothing says "home" like a pie...and the smell...ooohh wheee...nothin" better.

 
At 3:40 PM , Blogger Alan said...

I have just recently made a couple rhubarb strawberry pies. I love them. So does my family. Yours looks delicious. God bless you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home