Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Gilbert Moteberg Jr. family reunion - impromptu

I made it, so did Jim (poor fellow, I have to give him kudos for putting up with us all).  It started Thursday night when my daughter Tonja and family arrived from WI.  I sure don't get to see them enough.  Time goes so fast.  The big girls now almost 20 and 21 and the the soon to be 11 and 9 year old.  Where did the time go?  Friday Eric and Kim and his family , children girl soon to be 12 and 2 boys ages 8 and 2 arrived .  Except for Sat night when Eric and Kim and little guy went home, we all pretty much hung out here at our house until Monday night.  Now mind you that is 12 people in a 3 bedroom house, which really has only 2 bedrooms on the main floor because hubby #2 decided he needed a room for himself.  (How come I don't have one??)   So there were bodies all over the place.  But all in all we had a good time.  Some went shopping, some played outdoor games, and the little ones went roller blading and scootering, and some indoor games (which with the make up of my descendants can get a bit firey at a time).  I told them it is just a game,, who cares who wins.  But they tell me it is in their blood to win at everything.  But a game??? come on..  Oh well, they are who they are and I love them all.

AND alot of eating was done so that meant lots of cooking was done.  Lasagna Friday night, Saturday night Swiss steak and all the fixings, Sunday night it was grilling brats, wieners and hamburgers, and Monday night Tonja cooked and she made stir fry and pot stickers.  All so yummy.  Even tho I did alot of the cooking, Tonja helped a heap too.  Kim also helped with the clean up.  So it wasn't so bad. 

I hijacked this picture from Kim as I rarely got my camera out this weekend.  Cutie Patooties, aren't they?  See that impish grin in Dewey's (the little one) face... he is every bit the little imp it shows.  Smart as a whip and he can get around way faster then any of us adults.  

Anyway, I have today off (Wed) and I was all set to do laundry and get some other stuff in order in the house and I got the first load done and put it in the dryer, and NOTHING.  It wont start.  But I pay monthly for Home Service Plus through our gas company and the dryer, furnace, fridge, washer and a/c are covered.  It pays for itself.  So glad I have it.

So I guess I will go and get the kitchen back to pre-impromptu reunion status.

Thanks for reading my ramblings

2 Comments:

At 8:27 PM , Blogger Alan said...

It sounds like you had fun. Even though it gets crazy, it's always nice to see family. I don't get to see mine enough either. Treasure these times, because they haven't often enough, nor do they ever last long enough. God bless you.

 
At 4:51 AM , Blogger Pat said...

Oh my..you are so blessed. It is hard to imagine the gbabes growing up SO FAST! A very good looking bunch and making memories for a lifetime. Seeing and hearing about a close family like yours is sweet music to my heart.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home