Saturday, September 25, 2010

#$@&)+!$#@!!

Isn't this a beautiful site???

Well I don't think it is either.  BUT,, today my son came over to fix the drip in my kitchen faucet.  I had purchased a new faucet  $70 cuz my old one WAS old.  He started and was having trouble getting screws out.. So he decided he would try to just repair the old one.  OK,, so spent $30 to get some replacement parts. Ahh,, he gets them all installed and gets it back together, and now it is leaking worse then ever right at the sink.  So back to plan A.  He got it all out and then .......... you guessed it.  It wasn't the right kind.  So off we go to return the first one I got and get a different on.  BUT------- wait folks.  The story does not end here.  Do they still make the kind we had.. Nope... Do they have adapters that we can make one of them work... NO... So  now my sink sits like this and in the end I will have to call a plumber and only God knows how much it is really going to cost me to get it fixed.  I don't blame my son.  When it comes to older houses and plumbing, I should know better.  Call the plumber right away!!!

So,, I am not in a very happy good mood tonight.  Wonder why!!]

3 Comments:

At 11:49 PM , Blogger Tonja said...

I wish the guy from H20 works in Sauk would go fix it for you. He is awesome and reasonable. Poop, huh? Well, that's home ownership for you. It is always something. Now, I think my fridge might be going. So, I really do feel your pain.
((((((Mom))))))

Love you.
Tonja

 
At 5:39 AM , Blogger Pat said...

This makes me appreciate Gary all the more. He seems to have a sixth sense when it comes to fixing things. Sometimes he can't always but his sixth sense tells him that too. So far we have been lucky in that he can know when to do either. I hope this holds true as he ages.

He did fix the dryer not long ago and it still sounds the same. Noisy but it works..just noisy. We will replace when it stops...drying not being noisy..lol.

I think the kitchen sink ranks right up there with being the most indispensable thing in the house. Other things like washer and dryers are a nuisance when they go on the blink but one can work around them.

I hope it gets fixed real soon. OH..it is Sunday...no plumber today without paying an arm and a leg...geezz...Now i feel even more sorry for ya!!! Hugs, Pat

 
At 9:04 AM , Blogger Sandi said...

Not Eric's fault he could not install it. It needs special tools and knowledge of things he has never done before. It is just that plumming and old house thing. One of the hardest things to fix in an older home.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home