Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Mom

Sometimes I wonder if I am a normal person. Today I have an ache in my heart to see my Mom. She has been gone for 10 years. But this morning as I was sitting here all of a sudden she jumped into my head and then into my heart and the tears began to fall. I remember so clearly the last time I had dinner with her. She was staying at the nursing home at the time, and I took her out to lunch. She was all dressed up and we went to the restaurant and she ordered her meal and then she couldn't eat much of it, as she didn't feel so good. That wasn't long before she passed away. How I wish I could have that day over. I would have told her how much I loved her and how much I appreciated all she did for me all my life.

When you are young you think that your Mom is so old fashioned and doesn't know anything. Then you grow up and you realize she is pretty smart. Then you have your own family and you get so busy with them that you forget she is there. That is the part that is stinging my heart today. I wish I had taken more time to spend with her. I wish she could have known how much that I really loved and admired her. I wish I would have spent more time just talking to her and being there for her.

But those moments are gone. I need to see what I can do now, in the present for those who are around me.

Mom.. I loved you very much

Sandi

3 Comments:

At 7:18 AM , Blogger Pat said...

I want your mom. Mine didn't like me much and I wish I had your wonderful memories. I do of my dad though.

 
At 9:56 PM , Anonymous Emmalee said...

That is a wonderful tribute to your mother Mamma. I know that she's up in heaven and she's very happy to have gotten your message.
I'm glad you gave my mom the example of being loving to her family, I know she appreciates it and I sure do :)

<3 Emma

 
At 5:05 PM , Blogger Pat Latta said...

Sandi, as you know my Mom is still with us at 97 years old. She is able to most of the time visit with us and have converstaion. I always tell her how very much I love her, and how very special she is to all of us. She was the best Mother ever, and we always didn't appreciate it. My kids just love her dearly, and they tell me that is why I am so special as a Mother. It makes me cry, and when I think of my Mom when I am home and not near her, it makes me very sad. She is the best, and really cares for her family. Thank You, Mom.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home