Friday, August 01, 2008

Summer Crud

Yep, I have a case of the summer crud. I managed to catch myself a good old chest cold. I have coughed a lot these last few days and it has given me a sore throat. So I sound like a frog!! It has been a very dry cough, but this afternoon it started to loosen up some, so it is my hopes that this thing is on its way out.

I spoke with Tonja tonight and she said my little Luke had a cough that dragged on and on. She finally took him to a doctor and he had a mild case of pneumonia. I cant tell you how concerned I am about that little guys lungs. I pray and pray that he will develop healthy lungs.

I really haven't done a thing since I got home from work. I did have to stop at Costco for work on the way home and about killed myself getting those huge packs of bottled water that my work insists on having. I don't understand really why they get them, cuz they also have spring water delivered in jugs that are on a cooler so good cold clean water is available at the touch of a button. But no, they want the bottles. I am a little anti-plastic-bottled water. I think it is a huge waste of garbage for our environment. Now I am not a tree hugger in the least, but I am not dumb either, and it seems that bottled water is so unnecessary. OK, stepping down for now.

Anyway I did pick up some steaks there and Jim grilled them on the Weber tonight and oh they were so good. Great flavor and Jim got them exactly right.

Judy and Hugo are in town and we will go to her daughters tomorrow night and have dinner with them. I am looking forward to that.

I hope that I have a little more energy in the morning, as there are a few things that need to be done around here. So here's hoping a good nights sleep will make me feel a lot better.

Well that's all for now... signing off from here

Blessing to all who enter and double blessing to those that let me know they were here.

Sandi

1 Comments:

At 8:21 AM , Blogger Pat said...

Sorry about the cold...summer colds are the pits.

I love bottle water when vacationing. I do pay the price cuz most tap water tastes like crap.

At home we have a reverse osmosis water filter that we use for all drinking and cooking. It makes the water taste so good and I keep a bottle of it chilled. Gary drinks room temp though.

We even have a water filter on the fridge for the ice make. It makes the water taste so much better.

Stop fretting about resting and giving your body time to get over this cold. Everyone needs down times now and then.

Hugs, Pat

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home