Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday Morning Murmurings

Here it is Monday morning. How fast the weekends fly by. The past one was fun having grandkids for the weekend. They are such good kids. I am glad we had the bonding time. I told Jim when they are past the diaper stage and can talk, I am all for keeping them for overnights and weekends. It's those stinky diapers and not knowing what they are crying for that does this Mamma in!!! Any way, Thanks Faith and Joe for giving us a great time.

Yesterday I spent a good part of the day deep cleaning the bedroom. The older I get I just have no get up and go when I get home from work. It seems if I don't get in there and start doing the work I have to do first thing in the morning, by the end of the day, I just plain don't care anymore. I remember, (and not so many years ago at that) when I would come home from work, take down all the curtains in a bedroom, wash them, the walls and put it all together before I went to bed with time to spare. Not any more. I was talking to my sister Judy about that and she said she totally knew what I was talking about. I do need to wash the windows yet and clean the blades on the ceiling fan, but I do think I will have enough oomph in me to get that done tonight.

I had a good phone conversation with Judy yesterday. With the invention of the Internet, her and I correspond usually twice a day and so we rarely talk, but I told her we needed to do the phone at least once a week. Seems things get brought up as you talk and share.

One thing she told me is that my brother in law Randy who is 81 or so and had bladder cancer and then as a result of rapid weight loss contracted a disease that caused such severe pain in his body. He was reduced to a wheelchair and a walker. She told me that he is doing so well. He walks with a cane only now and is back out on the farm driving tractors and helping his sons farm. Thank you Lord!!!!

I don't know about you (at least you who are around my age), but are you ever struck with such a strong memory from the past that it makes you hurt inside and almost cry for what is lost? Jim and I went out to dinner last night after we had attended a class at our church that we are taking in. On the way home, we stopped at a store that Gil and I used to shop at a lot when the kids were younger, and there came such a wave of remembering and longing over me to have those times back that it almost took my breath away and tears shot into my eyes. I had to quickly get back to the here and now. It would be very easy, I think, as I grow older to sit and pine over the "has been's". But I know that if I do that, I will be missing so very much of the here and now. Yes, those were good years, young, healthy and strong. But these are not such bad years either. For one thing better off financially, and MORE family to love and take in. So I try when those feelings hit to remember the here and now, and live for this moment and enjoy.

With that, I think I am done murmuring!!

Blessings
Sandi

1 Comments:

At 6:21 AM , Blogger Pat said...

I myself have taken a more laid back view of housecleaning as I age. I sorta feel that the dust will always be there and come right back very soon anyway so I will only scrape it off when it gets really bad. LOL.

Maybe that is why we have declining eyesight as we age?

You Sandi as well as anyone knows how hard it is to watch a loved one decline. I know you have sympathy with your sister as she struggles with it.

Just another part of aging.

Dang..seems that age comes up a lot lately huh?

We have a whole new perspective on life with more experiences.

Our priorities change and we lose the urgentness of things that were once important.

Nice though to have a slower pace..at least for me. I don't think you will ever slow down..lol.

But you is you and I love ya as you are.

Hugs, Pat

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home