Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Refreshing Morning

Yesterday was a bugger for weather here. It was hot and humid. I spent very little time outside. But this morning,,, Oh thank you Lord for this morning. It is clean and cool and dry. It is the kind of morning that makes me want to get a pot of coffee, make some pop overs, grab the newspaper and go and sit on the deck and just enjoy!!!!

Thinking of our deck. The basswood trees that shade our deck are loaded with blossoms this year. Usually they are humming with bees when that happens, but this year there are no bees (that in itself is kinda scary) but what we have instead are hundreds of butterflies. I did not know that they were attracted to the basswood blossoms but they sure are. When you walk out there you may have several just decide to take a rest on you. I am usually mortified by bugs and flying and creepy crawly things, but the butterflies don't freak me. They are awesome. So I have been enjoying them. My zinnia's are well on their way to making blossoms so I hope that they will bloom and keep all those pretty "flutterbys" around.

Well that's all that is on my mind for now. In a couple of hours, Jim and I will be heading for a short river cruise. Looking forward to that. Until later... HUGS
Sandi

1 Comments:

At 4:48 AM , Blogger Pat said...

I too have noticed more butterflies but still have bees. We have tiny ones that sting while we are in the pool. I hate those. Very tiny and almost like mosquitoes.

My zinnias are on the bunny menu. I was told that they do not like zinnias but someone forgot to tell the mommy and her baby that I have personally seen feeding on mine. They have found all 3 places I planted them too.

I am having a major problem with a ground hog too. Darn thing chewed off one of my pepper plants and that was in a pot over two foot tall. the pot and the plant..hehehe

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home