Monday, May 07, 2007

Just a post for today

It has been a while since I have posted. I don't have a lot to say but going to just start writing and see what comes out.

Spring is in Minnesota and that feels good. Yesterday we had some VERY strong winds that even tho there was no rain with it did damage to trees and roofs. So strange. We were to get rain today which we need, but the atmosphere here is too dry. Our weather patterns for the last 5 years or so has been so strange. I know that they say that weather goes in patterns, and even tho I have been firm in my belief that it IS just weather patterns and not global warming that is causing this, I have to admit that I am beginning to wonder. I don't believe it is man that is doing it tho.

This past weekend was a weekend for Jim and I where we had no commitments at all. That almost seemed strange to me. Even tho I liked it, part of me hated it. What is wrong with me? Why do I feel like I need to be on the go and doing things all the time? Oh I do like to have my time at home to do as I please, but I am beginning to wonder how I will handle retirement, which I am thinking about often, even tho it is more then likely 4 years away or so.

This weekend I spent time thinking about my kids. There was a time that I thought that once they were grown up and married that would be it for worrying. But I know better now. It just brings another child into the family plus those gosh darn wonderful grand kids that twist around your heart and make you so concerned for them. When I look at this world and how evil it has become, I wonder if my prayers and the prayers of their parents will be enough to protect them and keep them. I know that God is big, but with what seems like the devil free to roam and do as he pleases on this earth, how can those young lives who have wills of their own make the right decisions with all that temptation staring them in the face 24/7? No matter what, I will never stop praying for them.

It is hard to stand by and watch your kids make decisions that I feel are not right. Sometimes I am right, and sometimes, thank God, the decisions they make prove to be the right ones and I was wrong. I thank God for those times.

Well it seems I have rambled on long enough for this post.

Blessings to all who enter and read.

Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home