Friday, March 02, 2012

10 Years Ago Today

Ten years ago today, I lost the husband of my youth.  I keep thinking one of these years I wont remember that this is the day and it wont ache in my heart and the tears wont fall next year. But next year comes and all through the year I don't forget. I know that I never will. How can one forget the person you shared your life with for 36 years? And I really NEVER want to forget, but I have to admit, I don't like that ache that comes sometimes. I guess it is that ache that makes us hungry for heaven. But I am sure when I get to heaven, Gil wont be the first one I want to see. It will be the One who died and gave His life for me that we can spend eternity together 

2 Comments:

At 12:18 AM , Blogger Allegro The Symphony Within said...

He is still with you, trust me, he wont like your tears for sure.

 
At 9:56 PM , Blogger EmmaleeJune said...

Oh Mamma, he was your true love, your knight in shining armor. I'm sure he's excited to see you again, but
I hope you're not too eager to go. I love you and need you and Jesus is here on earth too, in spirit, so you don't have to rush off to see him either.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home