Saturday, October 01, 2011

No One To Blame But Me

Ya know,, there are just times, I want to blame someone else for stuff.  Now this is coming from the fact that I am a sports fan.  I live in MN and I love my Minnesota spots teams.  I was not born in Minnesota but I have lived in this state for over 45 years and my whole allegiance lies with them.  However, 7 years ago I went and married a man from Michigan who has lived here for 25 years and has not lived in his home state for over 50 years.  Yet this man is DEDICATED to every Michigan sports team there is.  You know I didn't think it would be a big deal, but it is.  I hate it when he is pulling for the Michigan teams when they are playing Minnesota teams.  Stupid I know,, but it is what it is.  I want to (and I am ashamed to say I have) scream at him and ask him what is wrong with him not rooting for the teams of the state he lives in.  Today when Michigan was burying my poor Gophers, he insisted on keeping that game on the TV the whole time.  I got mad and said some mean things to him.  So I went shopping.  While I was out I realized, I shouldn't be mad at him but at myself for going ahead and marrying him.  I knew before we got married that he did not like the Vikings (who I adore with all my heart even tho this year they have really stunk so far).  Saying all this, if I am to be angry or upset with anyone, it should be with ME for marrying him when it bugs me to not have anyone sitting with me rooting for the team I like.  I had that for 36 years.  I loved it and I miss it.

I made sure that the man I married was of the same political leaning and was of the same faith as I was.  I should have been wise enough to do the same for sports, when they are important to me.

So,,,,,, what do I do about it short of telling him to take a hike???

Sandi 

5 Comments:

At 7:34 PM , Blogger Tonja said...

((((((((mommy))))))))). I guess I never really realized that watching sports would make you miss daddy so much. He was a great person to cheer with. That is only a sliver of what he was, but for you, it is something that you are always reminded of. I love you mom. I'm sorry you had a rough day. Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!

 
At 3:07 PM , Blogger Pat said...

Crap.I wrote a long comment and blogger ate it.

I will try to think of what I said.

Hmmm...maybe dress of in your teams colors and decorate with them but not say anything. or perhaps paint the house the colors of your team and hope he doesn't notice.

I know that someone not rooting for your team much SUCK big time.

I am fortunate in that I don't follow sports so anyone I might be with is free to root for whoever just as long as I can read and not be made to watch every play by play. ewwwww.

At least you both have other things in common huh?

 
At 3:12 PM , Blogger Pat said...

When things are important to oneself...it is natural to want to share it. You had no way of knowing how upsetting it would be to not have your mate share your love of your team. There is something to be said for marrying while young...you grow up together. Marrying again can be difficult..different backgrounds and experiences are hard to overcome.

Maybe he will feel sorry that your team is not doing so good and surprise you by rooting for it one day...

well..one can hope huh?

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger Sandi said...

You are a dreamer Pat!!!!

 
At 9:56 AM , Anonymous Interior Designers said...

Good efforts. All the best for future posts. I have bookmarked you. Well done. I read and like this post. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home