Thursday, June 14, 2007

Why Stress???

I am not feeling well today and haven't for a couple of days. I think most of it is due to stress. And I wonder what am I stressed about. When I, in my waking hours I don't think there is anything that is stressing me out. But my body awake and even in my sleep tells a different story. Yesterday there was the migraine headache and at night for years now the clenching of the teeth. And today that constant feeling like I am at a nervous full alert. Is hard to explain it, but it feels like there must be adrenalin flowing through my veins ready to take on whatever comes my way. I really hate this feeling.

I know that as a Christian, I need to rest in Christ. I am sure of my salvation and I know that God is able to handle anything that comes his way when we bring it to him in prayer.

I see people who are not Christians and should have guilty consciences and things coming at them from all sides and they sleep so peacefully, and they don't experience anxiety. I wonder why I do. Is it part of my make up? If it is, is there anything I can do to change that? If it is not part of my genetic make up, then why, why, why do I struggle with it soooooo much.

There is so much about me that I would like to change and it seems I do so little to change it. Some of it I have no idea about how to change. Other areas, ie my weight, I know I should eat less and exercise more, but, wow that is a hard one to do.

So, I keep on,, hoping that one day I get it all figured out and I can live in peace in my sub-conscience as well in my waking hours.

Blessings
Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home