Friday, June 08, 2007

Just some ramblings

It has been a boring week here at work, but some interesting things happened in my personal life.

Earlier this week my grandniece was hit in the face with a softball and sustained some injuries to her face which will require reconstructive facial surgery. I sent out an email request for prayer for her to my family and friends. I was so blessed in that my friends passed on the prayer request and I have received emails from people I don't even know saying they are praying for her. I find God so amazing that there are people in the world who will take time to intercede for people they don't even know. Thank you God for this BIG family that I belong to, in and through your son Jesus Christ.

We had a sprinkler system put in last week. We haven't had to use it yet (I am thankful for that) but it is nice to know that we wont have to be out there lugging sprinklers and hoses around when we need it. The people who put it in did such a great job, the lawn was barely disturbed.

Yesterday I had lunch with Julie. How I thank God for this dear daughter that I acquired when I married Jim. She is a joy to my soul. God bless you Julie!!

Yesterday was Jim's last day of bus driving for the school year. He will be working for the bus company in the office this summer but only about 12 hours a week. Just enough time to keep him from being completely bored and in a little spending money!! We went out last night for dinner and celebrated with a pomegranate margarita. Wow, are those things yummy!!

I leave you with this thought:

Life can be full of pleasure and pain. It's better that way though: The successes are more appreciated when they're hard-won, and the ups and downs can be tough, but it's still much better to be in the game than sitting on the side.
Blessings
Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home